“The Big 6” in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia) is the world’s fastest growing region for mobile games. Here are 5 important facts and numbers for everyone interested in learning more about mobile games in Southeast Asia!
1. 47% OF THE GLOBAL GAME MARKET COMES FROM ASIA.
According to Newzoo, 58% of the total gaming growth will come from the Asia-Pacific region in 2016.
2. THE GAMERS’ POPULATION IN SOUTHEAST ASIA HITS 126 MILLIONS!
Indonesia alone has more than 42 millions of gamers and an online population of 66 millions, while the USA and Canada have 194 millions of gamers.
3. MOBILE TAKES ONE THIRD OF THE GAMING MARKET.
In 2016, 37% of global games market revenues came from mobile.
4. MOBILE GAME MARKET IN SEA WILL GROW TO 2.200 MILLION BY 2018
Southeast Asia is also the world’s fastest growing region with a 28,8% growth rate in game revenues, between 2013 and 2017.
5. INDONESIA IS THE LARGEST MOBILE APP MARKET IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
According to the Top 100 countries by game revenues ranking by Newzoo, the estimated revenue generated by the Indonesia mobile game industry will almost hit a billion in 2016! Thailand and Malaysia are two other leading markets in Southeast Asia, with an estimate revenue of half a billion for this year.